At Stassen Insurance, we want to wish you and yours a happy, healthy, and safe holiday!
Are you planning on giving your loved one a surprise of a lifetime? Perhaps this involves parking a brand new car in the driveway. However, before you make this dream a reality, there are some important steps you need to take. Here is what you should keep in mind when buying a car as a present this year:
• If you do not know what kind of car the recipient would like, put lots of thought into the purchase. This is a big decision, and you need to consider the personality and driving abilities of the driver receiving this gift.
• Research the car beforehand and create a budget. Then, test drive it and ask all the questions you think would be of concern to your recipient.
• Go to the dealer a few days before you plan to present the car to ensure the transaction goes smoothly. Ask about when the last possible time to pick it up from the lot is so you can plan accordingly.
• Put the car in the recipient’s name, so be ready with his or her full information, and proof of auto insurance.
• Think about the logistics of getting the car home on the day of the reveal. Come up with a backup plan in case something goes wrong.
• Once you finally make the purchase, get a big red bow to make the occasion even more special and memorable.
Each state requires varying amounts of information on a bill of sale, such as the year, make, model, and vehicle identification number of the car, as well as the name and address of the gift recipient, and the value of the car. Finding the right vehicle can be tough, but looking for one for someone else can be even more stressful. Make sure to plan out the process early so no mishaps occur. Then, once the brand new ride is in the driveway, everyone can rejoice at the sight of this shiny toy.